Monday, February 27, 2012

unnamed quilt...finished.


Meet ______________.



 I have yet to name her.  She's a surprise gift for a friend, whose husband asked me to "make her a purple quilt....and grey.....king size...."  We later nixed the king size for a throw size that she could still "throw" on to her "king size" bed if she wanted to.



My proudest accomplishment on this one:  four awesome corners.  I've never had all four corners look...well, like corners.  I'm going to go ahead and pat myself on the back for this one!


I had a wonderful lady that I met at a quilting class last year do the quilting on her long-arm quilting machine, and she did it for a great price!  It makes me want to get started on my next quilt!  She has made a loyal customer out of me...look at those awesome flowers/leaves/squiggles...  Love it.


Oh, and my handsome husband is already testing out its comfy rating before we give it to the recipient. Verdict:  8.5 out of 10.  And that's pre-washing!  


Here's the big picture of the quilt, where you can see the pattern.  I used the Seville pattern  by one of my favorite quilter/bloggers, Cluck Cluck Sew.

Any suggestions on names?


6 comments:

  1. I was in the middle of posting a comment on here when I spilled my whole cup of coffee on the keyboard! Got it all taken care of...
    Your quilting skills are so amazing!...and that you posted this at 6am! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well clearly you should call it Purple Patchy. :)

    But seriously, I'm in awe of your talent and that you can find time to do it with your little ones running around. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out fantastic.. and Rosemae did an awesome job quiltiting it but you did and a-mah-zing job with the rest of it!!! I think you should name it purple paradise..ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- it's beautiful Mel! So precise and lovely, not my color scheme but so well well done. Nice job! My vote is "Octagons in Space." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful quilt!! How about "Violet"? It's a sweet & elegant name - not unlike your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I posted a name yesterday, what happened! I said "Purple Haze" what can I say, product of the sixties!

    ReplyDelete